Saturday, May 23, 2009

Leupold Compact Turkey Ranger Scope


The Leupold M8 2.5 Compact Turkey Ranger Scope may be small, but it still offers the same durability and dependability as any other Leupold scope made. This scope has a generous exit pupil and great eye relief. The scope has a large field of view. There is no trouble finding your game in this scope. This is an excellent scope for turkey hunting, deer hunting, and even hunting with a crossbow. These scopes are not adjustable which I actually like. I’ve killed deer at 10 yards to 100 yards with this scope. You can see just as well at 10 feet as you can at a 100 yards. There is no fuzziness at all. When I bought my scope I bought raised scope mounts thinking I would have to use my iron sights for the close shots but I found out I didn’t need them. I love the eye relief.

When you are deer hunting in the cold, you don’t have to worry about the lens fogging up. The scope is 100% waterproof and fog proof. I’ve used my scope in the rain and the snow, and never had any trouble. If I did, Leupold offers a lifetime guarantee with their scopes. Another thing to keep in mind is that “Turkey Ranger” is not the name of the scope but the type of reticle it has. So make sure you look at the reticle before you buy your scope. I own two Leupold scopes and the one thing that I don’t like is that for some reason the scopes don’t come with lens covers. If you go to www.leopold.com, they offer a lot of really cool lens covers. They even have intensifier kits which allows you to control the contrast, they just snap on like lens covers. These scopes are deadly accurate. I love mine. For $220 this was money well spent.

Check out the Leupold VX-I 1-4x20mm Shotgun, Turkey Plex Reticle

Check out the Leupod Rifle Scopes:
Leupold VX -II Rifle Scopes



Jason Untersinger
Share/Save/Bookmark

Bass Pro Shops

2 comments:

Albert A Rasch said...

Nice Jason,

Good scope for big bore rifles too! Which is exactly where I would plunk that bad boy on.

Now why isn't my follower on there?

No wonder I don't know what's going on half the time.

Regards,
Albert
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles.
I Review the Nikon Monarch 8X42.
How to Support Animal Rights Groups.

Anonymous said...

Jason I have to agree with Albert. That is a very nice scope and one I think I might consider for my shotgun.