Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cruse Family Update

I posted earlier about Malakai Cruse, but I thought I would explain the situation and update his progress. He is the son of one of my best friends and hunting buddies, Josh Cruse. He was born with Biliary Atresia. BA is when the bile duct between the liver and the small intestine is blocked or absent. He had his first surgery on November 6th to temporarily fix the problem. During a five week hospital stay for ascites, Malakai was put on the transplant list on Mar 20. He recieved his liver transplant May 12, 2009 at Children's Hospital in St. Louis. He is currently recovering well, but the day to day scares of infection are still occurring. It's been up and down for the cruse family.

Please continue to pray for a complete recovery. The hospital bills are starting to come in and a lot of it will be out of pocket. The cruse family has been without every day wages for many months now. The surgeries has been very difficult on the family and anything we can give would help. Please visit the blog http://crusekids.blogspot.com and DONATE anything you can.

I know alot of the followers on here are fellow bloggers and I would just like to ask that if you feel led, please repost the link on your blog or social media network to get the word out about my friend's son. I am trying to help them by getting the word out for them. They are dear to my heart and I only wish I could do more.

Thanks,
Larry Ralph Jr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about what they are going through.

I will certainly put in a prier or two for them as well as put a post up asking for others to help if they can.

I don't know if it will help but, you never know.

lralph said...

Thanks Rick, It means alot.