Friday, May 29, 2009

Final Approach Eliminator SUB Layout Blind


Unfortunately, turkey season is over, but it’s time to focus on upcoming seasons. Early goose season! It’s still 4 months away in Indiana, but why not get started now. I hunted geese for about three years without a blind. Lying in the snow and flooded fields and being soaked from head to toe. Not fun. I finally brought myself to buying a layout blind. It’s pretty versatile. I hunt in corn fields and on the banks of Lake Monroe. Its waterproof and cushioned so it makes it a lot easier to sit out in the field for longer periods of time. It’s no temper-pedic but good enough. You don’t have to worry as much about camouflaging yourself as much. It props your body in the shooting position at all times so you’re ready to shoot all the time. The back rest is adjustable so you’re not stuck with one position, another plus. The blind has stubble straps around the whole thing so you can weave grass or corn stalks for better camo which I like. The fold down doors has a mesh screen so you can see the birds and this feature eliminates a face mask. There are cutouts on each side of the blind for your goose flag. I would say the biggest advantage to this ground blind is that it blocks all the wind. I can stand the cold, but the cold and wind is miserable. I am very happy with the durability of the blind. The frame is all aluminum so you don’t have to worry about rust. It’s made with 600D poly-Dacron and backed with a PVC liner. The floor is 1200D w/PVC. The foot bag is padded and insulated for extra warmth. It is 36”W by 85”L by 18”H. I am 6’4” and I have plenty of room. The blind is kind of hard to set up but it think it’s because the material has no stretch. It is also bulky. It only has one shoulder strap, I wish it had two. For the most part I’m happy with my blind. Plus, hunting without one is just plain stupid.

Click the picture to Buy the Final Approach Eliminator Express Blind:Final Approach  Eliminator  Express  Blind

Or the Final Approach X-Landr Blind:Final Approach X-Land?r? Blind

Jason Untersinger
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: