Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Palmer Hoot Owl Tube by HS Strut


I’ve had my hoot owl call for 5 seasons. Its been a good call and if you plan on finding turkeys on the roost, it’s a must own. It seems to be durable and easy to clean. It takes more air to make it work but that’s to be expected when using a call with reeds. Out of the few hoot owl calls I’ve used, this call seems to sound the most realistic; but I’ve also got turkeys to gobble by just using my mouth. So I don’t think realism plays a major role in a hoot owl locator call.

A feature the palmer hoot tube does gives you is volume which is important. The one thing that I tell people that use this call is start off by calling soft. If you don’t hear any birds, then get a little louder and so on. If you are only 75 yards from the birds, you stand a chance of spooking those birds. If for some reason you have a hard time controlling your volume, you can muffle the call with your hand. Turkeys hear owls everyday so they know how loud they are. Unfortunately I had to learn this the hard way. I'll sum it up this way, if my hoot tube breaks, I plan on buying another one.

BUY THE CALL HERE:
Hunter's Specialties H.S. Strut Palmer Grand National Hoot Tube Turkey Locator Call



Jason Untersinger
Share/Save/Bookmark

Bass Pro Shops

4 comments:

Caleb Pearce said...

I found your site after you wrote the Social Media Overview at the Outdoor Bloggers Summit. thank you for Writing that post it was vary good. You wright a great blog as well. So I sined up to follow your blog. I also made a link to your blog on mine. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your support.

Anonymous said...

Being that I am fairly new to turkey hunting I don't know to much on calling but I have heard about owl calls.
This might be a good one for me to get for my toys to use.

Unknown said...

I've been hunting turkeys for five years and killed a bird every year so if you have any questions i might be able to help.