Monday, November 9, 2009

Best Tree Stand for the Money - Guide Gear Extreme Comfort



I've hunted from ladder stands, tripods, climbers, and fixed stands; and none compare to the comfort of this stand. This is the cheapest most comfortable fixed stand on the market. It's almost too comfortable if that's possible...snnooooozzzzzze alert. I ordered one for behind my house about 2 years ago, and it is still the most comfortable stand I hunt with, and I have about 20 to choose from on the 3 properties I hunt on with friends and family. A friend of mine just ordered 4 more from Sportsmanguide.com . The shooting rail is at the perfect height for aiming your gun. I get so annoyed at the rails on some stands that you have to put your elbow on the rail just to prop your gun to the right height.

Now, there isn't such a thing as a perfect stand so I'll give Guide Gear a few tips to perfect this stand. For one, the platform could be a little bigger for bowhunting, I don't feel like I have enough room to turn around when standing up. The platform is already big, but the space is taken up by the seat because you are in a reclined position when seated. The only other thing is it somewhat difficult to get in and out of the stand.

I don't know, for 70 to 80 bucks, you can't beat it.

Larry Ralph

3 comments:

Tim Noble said...

Great looking tree stand. Thinking of getting one or two for my woods!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I bought one last year and it is very comfortable. its just hard to get in and out of and I dont have enoungh space for my gear pack. But all in all it's VERY comfortable!

Anonymous said...

i have 2 of these. i also got there 20 ft mini ladders. place stand on the side about 3 ft from top of ladder and u can step right down on to stand. the mini ladders are only 20 ft but if u buy 3 ladders and make two 30 ft ladders. another tip is to run a rope through the top rung of ladder and u can host stand up and tie off. simply climb ladder and strap stand in place. hope this helps